CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner

I purchased a bag of chicken tenders from Trader Joe's. I freakin love those things, They are so easy to prepare in different dishes, but I mostly eat them when I'm doing the healthy eating kick. You can just grab 3, season and throw them in the oven and bake or roast for a quick easy lowfat meal.

Well this particular day I was tired of baked chicken. I wanted some good ole regular home cooked FRIED chicken, but all I had was strips. So like the kiddie plate on the kiddie menu I fried me up a batch of chicken strips!

To make the meal a tad more grown up I accompanied the strips with garlic peppered green beans with potatoes, regular buttered white rice (tired of brown) and cornbread with brown sugar cinnamon butter. As you can see I was rebelling against dieting and have lots of butter on this plate. *shrugs* This meal was prepared in my early withdrawal days of my Coke fast. not shown Heinz Ketchup and Banana Sauce for dipping.

Chicken Strips:
  • 1 teaspoon garlic salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon paprika
  • 1/8 teaspoon red pepper
  • Flour
  • 8 boneless skinless chicken strips
  • Canola oil for frying

Season all strips in a bowl cover and refrigerate for up to 2 hours or over night.
Dredge strips in flour and add to hot oil fry until done.
Garlic Pepper Green Beans

Green Beans:
    • 1 16 oz can of no salt green beans 
    • 2 teaspoons butter
    • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
    • In lieu of 1 clove garlic 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
    • 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
    • 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper or regular
    • a little sugar to taste
    • 1 small potato peeled and cut into cubes
 Bring all ingredients to boil in sauce pan cook until done.

White Rice
I used Mahatma rice
Recipe on the bag

Cornbread
Recipe on back of cornmeal box

Brown sugar cinnamon butter
On this I winged it. It was all to taste
Half stick of softened butter
Cinnamon
Brown sugar


 

BANANA SAUCE

 

 

3 comments:

K. Rock said...

Very curious as to what in the world Banana Sauce is...

~Mommy+Me~ said...

I was wondering the same thing as K. Rock.

The chicken tenders sound good. :)

You gotta try some fresh green beans or at least the frozen, they're way better. (In my opinion anyways.) ;)

We are supposed to be getting a Trader Joe's by me soon. I'm so excited, I've heard so many good things about that store!

Gorgeous_Puddin said...

@K Rock
Banana sauce is like a ketchup it comes regular or spicy.

@Mommy+Me
Yay for Trader Joe's!! You'll love it. I don't like frozen green beans. Fresh are cool from time to time. No salt canned is more convenient. I'll add banana sauce to the post. lol